Welcome :)

I'm starting a blog


I love reading. It's the reason why I chose literature in high school. But after graduation, I went into law school and I did not have the time to read anymore. It was honestly a hobby that I missed, so, so much.

Then, 2020, pandemic, quarantine, you all know the story. I started to *finally* read the books that were rooting in my shelves since high school. Also, since I was literally stuck in my home, I downloaded Tiktok. 

This app is amazing. You have endless free content and there is everything and anything you can think, the ugly and the glitter. One day, as I was scrolling, I saw a video recommending books, mostly YA. It sparked the craving I had for this hobby. During this summer, I went on a book shopping spree and bought tons of them. I have... +20 books waiting to be read and it makes happy.

I thought about starting a Youtube channel, but there are just so many things I want to talk about: books, but also movies, TV shows, makeup, culture, commentaries, astrology... My channel would be a mess with no logic, except for the fact that it's everything I love doing in my everyday life. Maybe I will start a Youtube channel one day, but I'm a very shy and insecure person so showing my face to the world is a bit... scray, to say the least. So, for now, to give me courage, I am separating my hobbies into different sections:

- makeup on instagram @aparisiennefromseoul

- movies' theories and commentaries on wattpad @lyadhalla

- books on this website @readingtimewithjay


I mostly read thrillers and fantasy, but I also read essays, classics, fiction and non-fiction and even plays and poems, though not so often.


I hope you will enjoy your time here :)

Commentaires